Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bacon Cheddar Chicken

So I've played with this idea in my head for quite some time, and I finally put it in the pan.  Simple, tasty chicken is my specialty!

Ingredients:
5- Boneless Skinless Chicken breast cutlets
5 slices bacon (I use maple bacon for everything)
5 square slices Sharp cheddar cheese (or equivalent)
Olive Oil

What's really great about this recipe is that because of the bacon, you don't have to add any salt or seasonings to the chicken for cooking.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line glass baking dish with olive oil very lightly.  As bacon cooks, the bacon grease will act as a barrier. 

Wrap each chicken breast cutlet with one slice of bacon as shown, and arrange in dish.






Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes.
Add cheese and place back into oven.  I had a block at the time and used smaller slices, it all works the same.


Once the cheese is melted, you are done!  I usually let it cook slightly out of the oven so that it makes for slightly cleaner presentation.  Serve with vegetable of your choice!





Nutrition Info per breast:
Calories: 203
Carbs: >1g
Fat: 11g
Protein: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment