Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pepperoni snacks

One thing that seems to be in unlimited supply in my house, besides bacon, is pepperoni slices.  Having a busy schedule and a limited budget, I am left with just a few items to use in my "recipes".  That can get boring!  So every time I go into the kitchen for a snack, or to cook, I try to think about a different combination of ingredients.  Maybe some day I will fulfill all the possible options for combinations.

First off we have the Pepperoni mini quesadilla!

Ingredients:
14 pepperoni slices
7 small slices marbled jack cheese (or cheddar, your preference)

Create a sandwich of pepperoni, cheese, pepperoni.

Microwave for 30 seconds, flip and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.

Next are the Pizza mini's!  Yea, sounds the same as the pizza rolls.  And really they kind of are.  But as I stated earlier, I try to find different ways to eat the same ingredients, makes things interesting.

Ingredients:
14 pepperoni slices
1/2 cup shredded mozarella cheese
1 tbsp powdered parmesan cheese

Arrange sandwiches with pepperoni, mozzarella, pepperoni.

Microwave for 30 seconds, flip ****Add parmesan cheese****, then microwave for an additional 30 seconds.




Both of these can be served with either Ranch dressing, or Marinara Sauce.  I use both for either one.

Quesadilla Nutrition:
Calories: 350
Carbs: 0g
Fat: 30g
Protein: 20g

Mini pizza's:
Calories: 328
Carbs: 2g
Fat: 24g
Protein: 25g

No comments:

Post a Comment